Sunday, April 17, 2011

Marge's Feta Orzo Salad

Hands down, this IS my FAVORITE Pasta Salad.  I can eat this for breakfast, lunch, dinner, snack, you name it.  It is so easy and so tasty.....if you like feta - which I do, Alot!

I first had this at my friend's tea party a few years ago.  I had to have the recipe and since then I've made it oh several dozen times. Now I don't know who originated the recipe, all I know is that my friend Marge got me hooked so it has become Marge's Feta Orzo Salad!

I recently had some friends over and we decided to keep things simple and grill.  I wanted to add this to our menu, well because it's good...and I was craving it!

If you like feta, do yourself a favor and make this!


  • 1/4 cup Red Wine Vinegar
  • 2 Tbsp. Lemon Juice
  • 1 Tsp. Honey
  • 1/2 cup Olive Oil 
  • 6 cups Chicken Stock/Broth
  • 1 Box of Orzo (please use Barilla...I did it with Ronzoni once and it wasn't as good. Ronzoni was a bit heavier)
  • 2 cups Cherry/Grape Tomatoes
  • 1 7oz. Container Feta Cheese
  • 1 cup Chopped Green Onion
  • 1/2 cup Toasted Pine Nuts
  • 1 cup Copped Basil
  • Salt
  • Pepper

  1. Wish the first 4 ingredients together and season with salt & pepper - creating your vinegarette
  2. Boil the chicken stock/broth and add the orzo
  3. Once the orzo has cooked, drain and set aside 
  4. Mix the tomatoes, feta, basil and green onions into the orzo
  5. Add vinegarette and toss
  6. Add toasted pine nuts and toss gently
  7. Let salad stand at room temperature and serve when ready



No comments:

Post a Comment