I first had this at my friend's tea party a few years ago. I had to have the recipe and since then I've made it oh several dozen times. Now I don't know who originated the recipe, all I know is that my friend Marge got me hooked so it has become Marge's Feta Orzo Salad!
I recently had some friends over and we decided to keep things simple and grill. I wanted to add this to our menu, well because it's good...and I was craving it!
If you like feta, do yourself a favor and make this!
- 1/4 cup Red Wine Vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. Lemon Juice
- 1 Tsp. Honey
- 1/2 cup Olive Oil
- 6 cups Chicken Stock/Broth
- 1 Box of Orzo (please use Barilla...I did it with Ronzoni once and it wasn't as good. Ronzoni was a bit heavier)
- 2 cups Cherry/Grape Tomatoes
- 1 7oz. Container Feta Cheese
- 1 cup Chopped Green Onion
- 1/2 cup Toasted Pine Nuts
- 1 cup Copped Basil
- Wish the first 4 ingredients together and season with salt & pepper - creating your vinegarette
- Boil the chicken stock/broth and add the orzo
- Once the orzo has cooked, drain and set aside
- Mix the tomatoes, feta, basil and green onions into the orzo
- Add vinegarette and toss
- Add toasted pine nuts and toss gently
- Let salad stand at room temperature and serve when ready