This recipe also served double duty since I took part in another cooking challenge. Christina from the blog "Tales from the Mad Men Kitchen" was looking for people to take part in her Chinese take out challenge.
Anyway, I made this for my daughter in hopes she would eat something to help her feel better. I didn't make it using any thickeners like corn starch. I made it just like my mom did but using homemade broth.
- 4 cups of chicken broth (I usually make my own broth then freeze it into smaller portions. You can also use store bought chicken broth or make some using water and a bouillon cube)
- 1 Egg
- 1/4 cup pastina or cut up spaghetti (optional)
- Bring the broth to a low boil
- Pour in 1 scrambled egg SLOWLY! You can also use a fork to drop in threads of egg. DO NOT STIR
- Once you've poured the egg in wait about a minute then remove from heat - you can give it one good stir
- You don't want to over-stir
There..how easy is that? Tasty!!!