Thursday, February 10, 2011

Chicken Challenge! Creamy Dijon Chicken

I had participated in Lisa's Chicken Cooking Challenge from Lisa's Cooking Adventures a few weeks ago.  I made Coconut Chicken Fingers which were AMAZING! Lisa was still looking for some guest bloggers to make some more of the chicken recipes featured in the Cooking Light article.  I took a look and found a recipe for Creamy Dijon Chicken.  It seemed easy enough and a quick mid-week meal.  I have to say it was easy and tasty.  I served it to my husband , my brother, his wife and my kids. There were no complaints..but no WOW's either. The cream sauce is very light which was good..but I think I would have liked it more if it was a little thicker...but I guess it wouldn't be light then. I would probably make this again, but tweak it a bit adding a few more spices and maybe a little more cream.

Here is the link to the Cooking Light article with recipe.

  • 4 Skinless, boneless chicken breasts (I use Perdue thin-sliced chicken breast)
  • 1/2 tsp. Salt
  • 1/4 tsp. Pepper
  • 1 Tbsp. Olive Oil
  • 3 Tbsp. Chopped shallots
  • 1/2 cup lower sodium, fat free chicken broth (I made my own using a bouillon cube)
  • 1 Rosemary spring (I used 1 tsp. dried rosemary)
  • 3 Tbsp. Whipping cream
  • 2 tsp. Dijon mustard
  1. Place chicken breast halves between 2 sheets of plastic wrap; pound to 1/2-inch thickness (I had thin sliced so skipped this step)
  2. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper
  3. Heat large skillet over medium-high heat
  4. Add olive oil to pan
  5. Add chicken; saute 3 minutes on each side or until done
  6. Transfer to serving platter
  7. Add shallots to pan; saute for 2 minutes
  8. Stir in chicken broth and rosemary spring
  9. Bring to boil
  10. Cook 2 minutes
  11. Stir in whipping cream; cook 2 minutes
  12. Remove from heat, and discard rosemary
  13. Stir in Dijon mustard
  14. Spoon over chicken
I didn't get a great picture of the chicken (It actually didn't really look like much) but...you can see it in the upper right hand corner.  I served it with glazed carrots, my simple risotto & nonna's seasoned bread)


2 comments:

  1. That looks delicious! I love looking at your food! It all looks so yummy!

    ReplyDelete