Saturday, February 19, 2011

Yummiest Meatloaf Ever!

I love meatloaf.  I love my mom's meatloaf.  She makes it with roasted tomatoes, peas, potatoes and it's delicious.  I've tried to re-create hers many times, but like a lot of things my mom makes - I can't get it quite right.  Anyway..I figured I would just give it a shot and make it my way.  So I threw in a little bit of this and a little of that and viola - Yummiest Meatloaf Ever!  I've been making it this way for a long time and have had no complaints - even the kids eat it up (with some ketchup on the side)!
  • 1 lb. Meatloaf Mix (can also use Turkey)
  • 2 eggs
  • Italian Seasoned Breadcrumbs
  • Ketchup
  • Lipton Beefy Onion Mix
  • Pepper
  • Olive Oil
  • *Tastefully Simple Garlic, Garlic (not necessary, but I like it!)
  1.  In a large bowl, combine Meatloaf, Lipton Beefy Onion Mix, some ground pepper and eggs and mix it by hand until the eggs have been evenly mixed in
  2. Add Ketchup - I would say 3-4 Tbsp. - I usually just squirt it in eyeballing it, mix by hand until ketchup is thoroughly blended in
  3. The meat mixture will be moist 
  4. Now you will add in the breadcrumbs - add small handful at a time until you get to the right consistency.  What is the right consistency?  Well...you don't want it too moist because it won't hold it's shape and you don't want it too dry since it will be, well dry.  You'll know when you have put in enough breadcrumbs.
  5. In a baking pan pour in enough olive oil to just coat the bottom
  6. Add Meatloaf, shape it into a loaf and cook for about 1 hour on 350
  7. **I like to put a little "glaze" on it.  I mix ketchup, a little bit of olive oil and some Tastefully Simple Garlic Garlic in a bowl.  When you have about 10 minutes left to bake, spread this mixture on the top of your meatloaf - DELICIOUS!!!!



1 comment: