Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Alex's Perfect Panini

So, I still had some leftover ciabatta bread and figured I would make us some grilled panini for lunch today.  Alex will eat just about anything...except for creamed corn, don't ask.  I looked in the refrigerator and had some proscuitto, cheese and vegetables put it all together and Alex's Perfect Panini was born!
  • 2 slices Ciabatta bread
  • 3-4 thin slices of Proscuitto
  • 2-3 slices of Provolone or fresh Mozzarella cheese
  • Arugula
  • Sliced Tomato
  • Sliced Red Onion
  • Olive Oil
  • Salt 
  • Pepper
  • Oregano
  • Grill Pan
  1. Heat Grill Pan on stovetop
  2. Lightly drizzle some Olive Oil on both pieces of bread
  3. Sprinkle bread with salt, pepper and oregano
  4. Layer your sandwich as you like - some like cheese on the bread first, some the meat, others vegetable
  5. I wiped my grill pan down with olive oil
  6. Place finished sandwich on your grill pan - now if you have a panini maker you are GOLDEN - I do no.  So, I took a heavy saucepan and placed it right ontop of my sandwich - Presto!  Instant Panini Press!
  7. Turn the panini over, put your saucepan on it to get grill marks on both sides
  8. Serve with salad, chips, whatever

No comments:

Post a Comment