Thursday, February 17, 2011

Shrimp Scampi Pasta!

This is a quick, real quick week night meal.  I love it for a few reasons - my kids love shrimp and I can make it using only two pans -  so clean up is easy! As with alot of my recipes I don't have exact measurements but have done the best to give you an easy to follow recipe!
  • 1 dozen medium size shrimp (cleaned/de-veined)
  • Butter
  • Olive Oil
  • Parsley
  • 2-3 cloves garlic minced, crushed, thin sliced - whatever you desire!
  • Lemons
  • White Wine
  • Angel Hair Pasta
Pasta
  1. In a large pot, prepare water for the Pasta
  2. While the water is getting to a boil prepare your shrimp
  3. Angel Hair takes about 7 minutes to cook - so as your shrimp starts to turn pink - add the pasta
Shrimp
  1. In a large saute pan add the following:
  2. Add a good coating of olive oil (about 3 Tbsp.)
  3. Add about 4 nice sized pats of butter (I say 4....but I used closer to 6 - I like butter!)
  4. Also add your garlic 
  5. Now turn the pan onto a medium high heat 
  6. For this I like cooking the garlic in the oil gradually so the flavor infuses more
  7. Once the butter melts and the garlic starts to brown - add the wine (anywhere from 1/4 - 1/2 cup)
  8. Add a large pinch of parsley
  9. Bring to a boil, then add your shrimp
  10. Continue to cook until shrimp is cooked through
Combine Pasta & Shrimp
  1. When the pasta is done, remove it from the water - RESERVE SOME OF THE PASTA WATER
  2. Add the pasta right into the saute pan with the shrimp
  3. I usually ladle about 1/4 cup of reserved pasta water into the pan
  4. Combine and serve - I usually spritz some fresh lemon over it

No comments:

Post a Comment