Thursday, February 10, 2011

Recipe Challenge! Parmesan Crusted Chicken

I am taking part in a few cooking 'challenges' one of them was for a quick weeknight dinner idea.  I got to submit my own recipe for the challenge.  I submitted my stuffed pork chops.  For this challenge I got Parmesan Crusted Chicken. When I saw the recipe I thought, wow this looks EASY! Which of course is perfect for a weeknight.  I will say I was a little leery of the mayo/cheese spread that was put on the chicken - but in the end you wouldn't even know that there was mayo in it.  Very tasty, the chicken was juicy and the Parmesan crust was delicious.  My kids and I had it for lunch along with an arugula salad.

Here is the recipe I was given:
  • 1/2 cup Hellmann's Mayonnaise
  • 1/4 cup Grated Parmesan cheese
  • 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (about 1-1/4 lbs.) - I used Perdue Thin Sliced
  • 4 tsp. Italian seasoned dry bread crumbs
  1.  Preheat oven to 425 degrees
  2. Combine Mayonnaise with cheese in a medium bowl
  3. Arrange chicken on baking pan
  4. Evenly top with mayonnaise mixture
  5. Sprinkle with bread crumbs
  6. Bake 20 minutes or until chicken is cooked through
The only thing I did different was to season the chicken with salt & pepper before adding the mayonnaise mixture.  But I will tell you these are REALLY good and will definitely find their spot on my dinner rotation.  I work so this is the perfect go to dinner!








3 comments:

  1. It really was delicious! Which surprised me since there are really just a handful of ingredients. The chicken came out so nice and moist!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm loving all chicken recipes! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete