Sunday, February 6, 2011

Patate Fritte - Fried Potatoes.

This is one of my families go to dishes when we need a quick side dish, or an easy lunch.  My mom still makes this dish for my dad - very simple, very tasty.
  • 1 Potato per person - cut potato in half and then slice into thin pieces
  • 1/2 Large onion (more or less depending on your taste)
  • Olive Oil
  • Salt
  • Pepper
  1. Drizzle large frying pan with olive oil (enough to cover the bottom)
  2. Once the oil gets hot, add your potatoes
  3. Season with Salt & Pepper
  4. About half way through, add your onions (you may end up burning them if you add them too early)
  5. When the potatoes are nice and brown, remove from heat and serve
  6. Another variation is to add 1-2 beaten eggs into the pan towards the end making it a very quick frittata!




3 comments:

  1. Hi, found your blog thru Sara at Like I Have Time For This.
    Love it here! I'll be back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mom makes these too....So good! I could really go for some right now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love fried potatoes. These are a staple during the summer after we've grown our own potatoes.

    ReplyDelete